*

*

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Happy Mother's Day



From Sam:

I love Mom because: "She loves me and plays with me. She makes food for me and then I don't have to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich myself."

What I Know About Mom:

What does she do?: "Laundry"

What does your dad call her?: "Liz"

What is her favorite food?: "Sandwiches"

What is her favorite color?: "Green"

Does she have any brothers or sisters?: "No"

What does she like to do for fun?: "Play with me"

What is your favorite thing about her: "I like to look at her"

(Note: Could be Daddy's favorite thing about her too.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That last answer is priceless. Watch out my friend! Reminds me of when my son, less than a year ago, told his mother he liked looking into her eyes because they were "Sparkly, like jewels." The kid's good! And it's not the first time either. Kitty tells me I should take notes because, in her words, "he puts you to shame." Hey, I'll take whatever help I can get.

kev99sl said...

What's equally amazing to me is the way they can instinctively leverage their cuteness to achieve the strategic high ground in almost any circumstance. Case in point: Luke and Sam crowded into mom and dad's bed, in the very middle of a scary, stormy night after many giggles and many more stern admonitions to "LIE STILL!" and "BE QUIET!" and "GO TO SLEEP!" Having had enough, I throw the covers back, spring out of bed, and exclaim, "What are you guys DOING?" Luke's response: "I'm just loving Sam"; Sam's response: "Daddy, you're a good guy." Well played my sons ... well played.